Teenager Apparently Hospitalized Because of Vaping

A 17-year-old boy spent 18 days in the hospital due to a blockage in his lungs. His doctors eventually concluded that his lungs had been blocked due to vaping. Tryston Zohfeld, a boy from Texas, had always been healthy and athletic. So when he woke up one day uncontrollably vomiting with his heart palpitating, he […]

The post Teenager Apparently Hospitalized Because of Vaping appeared first on When In Manila.

teenager apparently hospitalized because of vaping - Teenager Apparently Hospitalized Because of Vaping

vape - Teenager Apparently Hospitalized Because of Vaping

A 17-year-old boy spent 18 days in the hospital due to a blockage in his lungs. His doctors eventually concluded that his lungs had been blocked due to vaping.

Tryston Zohfeld, a boy from Texas, had always been healthy and athletic. So when he woke up one day uncontrollably vomiting with his heart palpitating, he was immediately rushed to the hospital. It turns out his lungs were failing him and had to be put under a medically induced coma.

He spent 10 days hooked up to an oscillatory ventilator as his condition only worsened. An X-ray of his lungs confirmed that they were totally blocked. However, it was only when a family member mentioned that Tryston was a regular vaper that the doctors began to realize the problem.

Eventually, the doctors concluded that it was the chemicals inhaled through his vape that did the damage. CBS reports that the inflation of his lungs made it unable to exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide. It also left scarring on his lungs.

(Vapes And E-Cigarettes Will Now Be Banned In Public Places)

This follows the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention beginning investigations on 153 cases of severe lung disease possibly linked to vapes and e-cigarettes. Meanwhile the US Food and Drug Administration are also investigating 127 cases of seizures and ‘neurological symptoms’ that might also be linked to them.

What do you think about this?

The post Teenager Apparently Hospitalized Because of Vaping appeared first on When In Manila.

Leave a comment

* - Required fields