3rd nCoV Case in the Philippines Confirmed

Following the death of the 2nd nCoV case in the Philippines, the 3rd case is now confirmed by the Department of Health. The third patient positive of the virus is a 60-year-old Chinese National from Wuhan China. She arrived in Cebu City via Hong Kong on January 20 then traveled to Bohol. She was admitted […]

The post 3rd nCoV Case in the Philippines Confirmed appeared first on When In Manila.

3rd ncov case in the philippines confirmed - 3rd nCoV Case in the Philippines Confirmed

Following the death of the 2nd nCoV case in the Philippines, the 3rd case is now confirmed by the Department of Health.

The third patient positive of the virus is a 60-year-old Chinese National from Wuhan China. She arrived in Cebu City via Hong Kong on January 20 then traveled to Bohol. She was admitted to a hospital in Bohol on January 22.

doh 1024x534 - 3rd nCoV Case in the Philippines Confirmed

She was tested on January 23 and 24 but only the latter was sent to Australia’s Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory which later was found negative.

“Upon recovery of the patient, she was discharged and was allowed to return to China via Cebu last Jan. 31,” the health department said.

Just last week, RITM got the capability to test for nCoV where the January 23 sample was tested and returned positive. The Department of Health said they are tracking the people on board the Chinese National’s flight to Shenzhen from Cebu via AirAsia on January 31.

The post 3rd nCoV Case in the Philippines Confirmed appeared first on When In Manila.

Leave a comment

* - Required fields